Introducing the Thermory Barrel Sauna Kit, the ultimate outdoor barrel sauna experience designed to endure the harshest environments. Relax, refresh, and reconnect with friends and family whenever you desire with this stunning addition to your outdoor space.
The Thermory Barrel Sauna Kit features a glass door and optional panoramic window, filling the space with natural light and providing a serene ambiance. Inside, you’ll find comfortable benches for an exceptional relaxation experience.
Constructed with quality materials and top-notch engineering, this outdoor sauna was the first one in the U.S. made with thermally modified wood, ensuring greater durability.
Thermory, the global leader in sauna wood manufacturing, begins by sourcing premium Spruce responsibly and x-raying each board for internal flaws. The materials are then heated to over 400-degrees and infused with steam to enhance their resilience for outdoor use.
The thermally modified Northern European Nordic Spruce offers a distinctive rustic and refined appearance, perfectly complementing any outdoor setting.
Thermory’s design team has meticulously crafted this barrel sauna to overcome common issues found in other models. With a spacious interior, innovative insulation, and 1-1/2″ thick, 3-1/2″ wide boards, the Thermory Barrel Sauna Kit ensures a superior seal and comfortable sauna experience.
The kit comes with pre-milled materials and a user-friendly proprietary construction process, making installation a breeze.
Built to thrive in wet, cold, or hot climates, the Thermory Barrel Sauna Kit outperforms and outlasts the competition, making it the ideal choice for your outdoor oasis.
What's Included (No 54 w/ window)
- Body Staves
- Wall Panels
- Panoramic window
- Glass front door
- Interior benches
- Backrest staves
- Duckboard flooring
- Adhesive roof tape
- Metal bands
- Heat shield
- Cable raceway
- Rain jacket with trim
- 5 year warranty
- Installation and Operation Manual
What's not included?
- 6 or 7.5kW sauna heater
- Prepped surface - Before you begin, be sure the sauna will fit in your chosen location. Approximately L x W x H of 6’ x 7’ x 7’ is ideal. Overall dimensions are shown here. Be sure the site is level and free of standing water after rainfall. Concrete, pavers or crushed stone is preferred.
Five years. Find the Thermory barrel sauna warranty terms here. Note: renting out your barrel sauna voids the warranty. We hope to resolve this for SaunaShare hosts.
- Only throw water on the heater, not on the walls or benches.
- Don’t wear wet swimsuits in the sauna, as water from these will damage the bench.
- To keep the bench fresh, we recommend using seat covers – these can also make it more comfortable to sit on the bench when it is hot.
- Keep an eye on the heating stones, as they may crack over time – whenever necessary, they can be replaced or more stones can be added.
After Each Use
- Wipe the benches with a clean, damp washcloth – don’t use running water to clean them to help prevent excess water from pooling on the wooden surfaces.
- Use appropriate cleaning products for the benches and other wooden components, reading the instructions first.
- After cleaning your sauna, allow the surfaces to dry and ensure that the room is well ventilated – we recommend leaving the heater on for at least half an hour with the air vent open and the door and windows closed.
- If possible, lift up the benches to allow them to dry better.
At least once each year
- Treat the wooden surfaces with a sauna-appropriate product – this should be done more frequently if the sauna receives intensive use.
- Clean all surfaces of the seating materials, walls and ceilings using a soft brush or cloth and a specialist cleaning product, following the instructions on the packaging.
- For deeper stains and soiling, gently clean the bench using a fine sandpaper before treating the sanded surface with a sauna-appropriate wood preservative.
- Avoid using cleaning agents that are unsuitable for saunas – for example, disinfectants bleach the wood and can spoil its surface.
- Inspect the fastenings on the benches and supports, tightening any screws if necessary; they may loosen over time due to changes in the wood caused by heat and humidity.
Things to avoid
- Don’t dry textiles in your sauna, as this can be a fire hazard – excessive moisture can also damage the surface of the wood.
- Avoid heating the sauna beyond the maximum temperature specified by the heater manufacturer – excessive heat may create a fire risk or cause the wood to warp.
- Never use a pressure washer or running water when cleaning your sauna, as excessive moisture can permanently damage the structure and surface of the wood.
How Wood Changes in the Sauna
- Wood is a natural material, and its surface may crack or bend when used in the sauna.
- This is normal due to the extreme and rapid changes in temperature and humidity that occur.
- The risk of wood deformation depends on the material and intensity of use – the effects are also more visible in wider boards.
- Wooden materials in the part of the sauna most exposed to the hot steam may darken over time.
- When new, thermally modified wood may give off a noticeable scent as the sauna is heated, but this will diminish over time.
- Natural light from the glass door illuminates this beautiful space which includes comfortable benches, for added comfort, for up to 4 people.
- Quality materials, thermally enhanced wood, and superb engineering make this the very best outdoor sauna.
- Full-length wood staves.
- Rain Jacket for additional protection
- Pair with electric or wood burning stove (ask for compatible options)
- We typically pair with Harvia and HUUM stoves.
- Sauna Marketplace can help find and coordinate with local installers and electricians.
- STAVE THICKNESS: 1.625"
best place to buy a sauna! Ben was so helpful!! came on time and the best deal I could find with amazing customer service and quality!
Love the quality of the sauna. I was impressed with the whole package.