CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
If provided to us, we will process the following categories of personal data that you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by SaunaShare, Inc, its subsidiaries and its affiliates during the application or recruitment process:
- name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- CV, resume or cover letter, including education, past work experience and references;
- current and previous employment information, including date of hire, job title, department and business unit, work location, work status (full time, part time), data pertaining to work preferences and abilities;
- information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any, including details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview process;
- reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable);
- information provided by third parties (for example, recruitment agencies);
- information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile);
- information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Wayfair and/or any previous employment history with Wayfair; and/or
- any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process (only where permitted by applicable law) such as gender and your racial or ethnic origin , and information about your citizenship to the extent necessary for employment purposes.
You may also have the opportunity to use your external social media account, such as Facebook or LinkedIn, to facilitate your Wayfair application. In that event, Wayfair will be provided with the latest information from your social media account. Additional privacy terms of the social media service providers may apply.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR DATA / LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We will process your personal data where it is necessary in order to take steps, at your request, to evaluate your application and/or consider you for employment. Wayfair’s application and recruitment process includes:
- assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- communicating with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Wayfair;
- verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable);
- where appropriate and requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit;
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable government requests; and/or
- making improvements to Wayfair’s application and recruitment process.
We may also process your personal data for legitimate business reasons, including (i) in the case of legal proceedings to establish, exercise or defend us against a legal claim, (ii) for talent management and talent mapping functions and (iii) to notify you about future Wayfair job opportunities. If you are offered and accept employment with Wayfair, we will also use your personal data to form the basis of your employment records. We may also seek your consent to process your personal information in specific circumstances.
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA / TRANSFERS OF DATA TO THE UNITED STATES
If you apply or are considered for a position with Wayfair LLC, we will transfer your information to Wayfair LLC, which is located in the United States. If you apply or are considered for a position with a Wayfair affiliate, we will transfer your information to that entity and to Wayfair LLC. This is because, for certain employment opportunities, the Wayfair affiliate requires the resources of Wayfair LLC to evaluate your application. For other employment opportunities, Wayfair affiliates must obtain input or approval from certain employees of Wayfair LLC before making employment-related decisions. If you are located in the EU and we transfer your personal data to the United States, we have taken measures (usually through EU Standard Contractual Clauses based on the EU commission’s model clauses) to comply with applicable legal requirements. We also take steps to ensure that any onward transfers of your personal data comply with applicable legal requirements.
Your information may also be shared with third parties in connection Wayfair’s application and recruitment process, including:
- Service Providers
- We use third party service providers to perform some of the services described above, including for technical and support services (such as hosting or software as a service) and for the purposes of verification/background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- In providing the services, your personal data will, where applicable, be processed by the service provider on Wayfair’s behalf. We will confirm that each third party service provider can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your data and seek to ensure that any third party complies with our data security standards and international transfer restrictions.
- Other Third Parties
- Wayfair may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as local labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purposes of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
- We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your references), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Wayfair, our customers, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law. Wayfair does not rent, sell, trade or disclose your personal information to third parties without your prior consent.
STORING AND SECURING YOUR DATA
We use and maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to secure and protect information about you that is collected, processed and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
If your application for employment is successful and you commence employment with Wayfair, your personal data will be transferred to your personnel file and will be processed for employment purposes. If your application is not successful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), Wayfair will retain your information for a limited period (depending on local laws) beyond the end of the application process. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Wayfair and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact: DataProtectionOfficer@wayfair.com. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
We will treat your personal data as confidential and comply with all applicable legal data protection requirements when handling your information. In certain countries and under certain circumstances, you may have additional rights under data protection law. This may include the right to request access or to update your information, to request that it be deleted or to ask for data portability, or to object to Wayfair using it for certain purposes. If we process your personal data based on your consent, you may also withdraw it for the future at any time.
If you have questions or wish to exercise one of your legal rights, please send us an email at DataProtectionOfficer@wayfair.com with the details of your request. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
If you have any concerns about privacy or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Depending on your country of residence, you may also raise questions, concerns or lodge a complaint with a local supervisory authority (including in EU member states).
Depending on your application, the entities responsible for your personal data are:
- Wayfair LLC, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116, United States
- Wayfair Stores Limited, Wayfair House, Tuam Road, Galway Co., Galway, Ireland
- Wayfair (UK) Limited, 338 Goswell Road, Level 4, Angel House, London, UK EC1V 7LQ
- Wayfair Deutschland Ltd. & Co. KG, Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 29, 10178 Berlin, Deutschland
- CastleGate Logistics Inc., 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116, United States
- CastleGate Logistics Canada Inc., 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116, United States
- CastleGate Logistics Hong Kong Limited, 15th Floor, Tower One, Lippo Centre, 89 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
- Wayfair Transportation LLC, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116, United States
- Wayfair Purchasing LLC, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116, United States
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may decide to change this Notice. If the change is fundamental or may significantly affect you, we will provide you with the updated Notice in advance of the change actually taking effect. We encourage you to review the content of this Notice regularly.