Safety is our Top Priority
Torch gas sauna heaters are equipped with several different safety features:
- All Torch gas sauna heater models are equipped with a pilot and CSA approved gas valve to safely operate the stove’s burner. https://www.csagroup.org/ (CSA is similar to UL listing and is recognized in both the United States and Canada).
- All Torch gas sauna heaters are equipped with a 16 gauge heat shield to place them closer to the wall.
- Built into the pilot is a thermopile that senses if the pilot is blown out. In this case, the valve will shut off all gas flow until the pilot is relit.
- The Torch gas heaters are equipped with a backdraft sensor- the stove will shut down in the rare case the chimney gas starts to backdraft from strong winds or any other reason.
- With an over-temperature sensor built in, the gas sauna heater will temporarily pause heating if the outside of the heater gets too hot.
- All Torch gas sauna heaters are also sold with a thermostat and timer controlling room temperature and automatically shutting off after an hour of run time.
Gas Heaters are Environmentally Friendly
Natural Gas (NG) – Natural gas is one of the cleanest burning fuels. Burning natural gas for energy results in fewer emissions of nearly all types of air pollutants and carbon dioxide (CO2) than burning coal or petroleum products to produce an equal amount of energy. The clean burning properties of natural gas have contributed to increased natural gas use for electricity generation in the United States.
Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), also known as propane, is a clean-burning, high-energy alternative fuel.
Electric: Energy Production by source from the U.S. Energy Information Administration, 2022 Jan-Oct
Coal 11.8%, NG Dry 36%, Oil 23.9%, NG liquid 7.5%, Nuclear 7.8%, Hydro 2.3%, Geo 0.2%, Solar 1.9%, Wind 3.7%, Biomass 5%
Wood: Burning wood releases about 75 percent more CO₂ than natural gas. Natural gas emits far less toxic material than even the cleanest wood stoves.
Source: Sierra Club
Operation Cost can be Significantly Lower with a Natural Gas Sauna Heater
Why Choose a Torch Gas Sauna Heater?
- Steam feels like a wood stove
- No need to light a fire or cut or buy firewood
- Heats up quickly
- Can be set to whatever temperature is comfortable for you
- Can be safely installed in your house
- Propane sauna heaters work great for mobile saunas
- Never requires costly replacement of elements
- Much lower operating cost than electric heaters
- No need to have electricity