If you’re in the market for a home sauna, Almost Heaven Saunas is a popular brand renowned for its quality and craftsmanship. They are owned by Harvia, one of the most trusted Finnish brands in sauna. In this blog post, we’ll delve into Almost Heaven Sauna reviews, examining the pros and cons of their barrel saunas. We’ll also discuss the benefits of thermally modified wood, and introduce you to Thermory Barrel Sauna Kits, an alternative option you might find appealing.
- Quality Construction: Almost Heaven Saunas are celebrated for their solid craftsmanship and use of quality materials, ensuring a reliable and long-lasting sauna experience.
- Ease of Assembly: Many Almost Heaven Sauna reviews mention the ease of assembly, allowing you to set up your new sauna with minimal hassle.
- Traditional Design: With a classic design, Almost Heaven Saunas offer an authentic sauna experience reminiscent of traditional Finnish saunas.
- Ease of purchase: There’s been an on-again-off-again Almost Heaven Sauna Costco relationship for years that has helped barrel sauna to reach a new audience of Costco shoppers who have made the Costco Almost Heaven 3-person sauna a best seller.
We’ve seen several companies on SaunaShare attempt to use Almost Heaven saunas for mobile rentals. It has failed every time, with the sauna inevitably loosening and warping over time.
In addition, the Almost Heaven sauna reviews on Amazon were so bad they eventually pulled the products. The main problems seem to be inconsistent heating and limited customer support. However, the primary issue in both cases is warping/leaking wood that caused these problems that Almost Heaven couldn’t keep up with.
- Inconsistent Heating: Some users have reported issues with inconsistent heating in Almost Heaven Saunas, which may affect the overall sauna experience.
- Limited Customer Support: A few customers have mentioned difficulties in contacting the company for assistance or concerns, potentially leading to frustration when issues arise.
The (Almost) Heavenly:
- Wood Susceptibility: Some Almost Heaven Sauna reviews point out that the wood may be more susceptible to warping, expansion, or contraction over time, which could potentially impact the sauna’s durability and appearance.
- Additional Accessories: Almost Heaven sauna reviews often mention the lack of certain accessories, such as a rain jacket and floor kit, which are not included with the purchase of an Almost Heaven Sauna.
Why You Should Consider Thermally Modified Wood Instead of Cedar:
Thermally modified wood offers several advantages over traditional cedar:
- Increased Stability: The thermal modification process enhances the wood’s stability, reducing the risk of warping, expansion, or contraction.
- Improved Durability: Thermally modified wood is more resistant to decay and rot, ensuring the longevity of your sauna.
- Eco-friendly: The thermal modification process is chemical-free, making it an environmentally friendly option for your sauna.
Why Thermory Saunas are a Great Alternative to Almost Heaven:
Thermory, a brand that utilizes thermally modified wood in their saunas, offers several additional benefits compared to Almost Heaven Saunas:
- Included Accessories: Thermory saunas come with a rain jacket and floor kit included, offering additional protection and comfort.
- Modern Design: If you’re seeking a sleeker, more contemporary look, Thermory barrel saunas provide a modern aesthetic that complements any space.
- Improved Ventilation: Thermory saunas feature an exhaust vent in front of the sauna, which helps circulate hot air for more even temperatures.
Almost Heaven Saunas offer a quality sauna experience with their traditional design and ease of assembly. However, after exploring Almost Heaven Sauna reviews, it’s evident that there are a few areas where they could improve. By considering the benefits of thermally modified wood and the additional features provided by Thermory barrel saunas, you’ll be better equipped to make an informed decision when choosing the perfect sauna for your home.
Also consider checking out Facebook, Craigslist, and even Reddit for used Almost Heaven Sauna deals that pop up frequently. Barrel saunas are often stepping stones to larger custom saunas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Are Almost Heaven Saunas Made?
Almost Heaven still makes saunas in the Greenbrier Valley in West Virginia where the company was founded in 1977. They have offices in Holland, Michigan and are owned by Harvia Corporation of Finland.
How much does a barrel of sauna cost?
Barrel Saunas cost anywhere from $3,000 USD to $18,000 or more. Almost Heaven Barrel Saunas start at $3,495 and you can get free shipping if you know where to buy them. You can find the cheapest barrel sauna deals on Sauna Marketplace.
How do you turn on the Almost Heaven sauna?
Almost Heaven Saunas either have a thermostat just like you might have in your home, or there’s a dial on the heater itself. Sometimes the thermostat is located outside of the hot room on wall by the door. If it’s not there, look at the base of the heater. If it’s not working, check the electric panel or consult an electrician.
Are Almost Heaven saunas good?
Almost Heaven saunas have both positive and negative aspects. They are known for their attractive design, high-quality materials, and user-friendly assembly. Many customers have reported positive experiences and satisfaction with their saunas.
However, there have been some negative reviews as well, mentioning issues such as problems with a delivery, difficulty with customer service, and occasional warping of the wood.
While Almost Heaven saunas have their merits, it is essential to weigh the pros and cons and consider alternative options, such as Thermory saunas, which offer additional benefits like thermally treated wood, a sleeker design, and improved ventilation. Ultimately, the decision depends on personal preferences and priorities.
How Hot Do Almost Heaven Saunas Get?
Almost Heaven saunas can reach temperatures between 150°F and 194°F (65°C and 90°C), depending on the sauna model, heater type, and insulation. Traditional saunas typically operate at higher temperatures, while infrared saunas offer a lower temperature range. Almost Heaven sauna reviews often mention they have difficulty reaching appropriate sauna temperatures. Almost Heaven Saunas use Harvia heaters which have a maximum temperature of 194 degrees due to UL standards.
Why is my almost heaven sauna not getting hot?
Almost Heaven Saunas use Harvia sauna heaters that have a maximum temperature of 194 degrees due to UL standards. If your preferences are for a hotter sauna, consider a HUUM heater which found a way to get around UL standards. While not advised, many Almost Heaven customers place the sauna temperature sensor lower on the wall, often below the bench to reach higher temperatures.
Where are Almost Heaven saunas made?
Almost Heaven Saunas are made in the United States, specifically in Renick, West Virginia. The company takes pride in its American-made products, using high-quality materials and craftsmanship.
Can you move an Almost Heaven sauna?
Yes, Almost Heaven saunas can typically be moved with a tractor, fork lift, or even jack lift. They can also be taken apart and reassembled.
Can I get an Almost Heaven sauna 2-person with wood heat?
2-person barrel saunas just don’t have enough room to safely install a wood-burning stove, which have strict safety clearances. Even if you could, you would have to sit too close to the heater for a comfortable session. Check out almost heaven sauna review reddit for more.