Sauna Wood Paraffin Oil, 16.9oz (500ml)
Suitable for all wood surfaces
Increases lifespan of wood
16.9 oz bottle (500ml)
Enough for 53 sq. ft.
Designed, engineered, and made in Finland
Do not use lacquer inside the sauna. Source: Harvia
A door frame and wooden handle can be treated with moisture and heat-tolerant special sauna protection coat like paraffin oil, or a water-dilutable lacquer.
Harvia paraffin oil will help protect your sauna, but should be a part of a larger picture. Here are some additional sauna rules to help protect your sauna, provided by Harvia:
- Wash yourself before using the sauna.
- Always use a bench towel to protect the benches.
- Wooden surfaces can effectively tolerate moisture which drains from clean skin and usually this does not leave any marks.
- Try to avoid watering wooden surfaces besides when cleaning the sauna.
- Be careful not to smear wooden surfaces when using sauna scents, sauna honey or other body care products. Also remove leaves from sauna whisks from wooden surfaces as soon as possible.